Makes approx. 15Tools
1/2 cup raw almonds
1/2 tsp vanilla powder (or seeds of 2 vanilla beans)
2 tbsp dried cranberries
2 tbsp dried currants
2 tbsp hemp seeds
1 tbsp water, or as needed
1/2 cup sprouted and dehydrated buckwheat groats
Method1. Using a food processor, process the almonds to a coarse meal. Take care not to over-process or they will start to release their oils and turn into nut butter.
2. Add the vanilla powder, chopped dates, dried cranberries, dried currants and hemp seeds and process until the mixture is well combined and starts to come together.
3. Add the buckwheat and pulse just to combine.
4. Use a half-tablespoon measure to scoop up the dough and roll into balls with your hands. .
5. You can leave them as mini balls or form them into square bites by pressing down on the dough ball and forming a square with your fingers.
6. Freeze the balls or squares in an airtight container to keep them from going soft.