1 cup almonds
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup sultanas
1/4 cup pepitas
1/4 cup cacao powder
1 cup pitted and soaked dates
1/4 cup hazelnuts
1. Process nuts, seeds and dried fruit, except hazelnuts, until finely ground. Place in bowl.
2. Pulse chop hazelnuts until coarse and add. They will give texture.
3. Add cacao powder.
4. Process pitted and soaked dates until they form a paste then add to bowl. Combine well.
5. Press into the base of 4 individual heart shaped ring tins or 1 large tin.
6. Refrigerate overnight
Berry Ice-cream Layer Ingredients
2 cups frozen banana slices
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1. Allow the fruit to thaw for a few minutes then process to a pink, whippy, consistency.
2. If you are having trouble whipping your ice-cream let the fruit thaw for a little longer and try again.
3. Either spoon the ice-cream over the base or use a large piping bag with a fluted nozzle. Angle the ice-cream so when you put the chocolate lid on it will be at an angle as in the picture. If your ice-cream is too soft to handle place in freezer to let it firm up before using.
4. Place in freezer to firm up
Berry Sauce Ingredients
1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
juice 1 lemon
agave to sweeten
1. Thaw out berries if frozen
2. Blend all ingredients until smooth
3. Drizzle sauce over frozen ice-cream
Chocolate Lid Ingredients
1/4 cup coconut oil (or cacao butter)
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup agave
1/4 cup chopped cashews
1. Melt coconut oil in a basin over hot water. Combine well with cacao powder and agave. Taste and adjust the sweetness if necessary. Allow to set in fridge until quite thick.
2. Draw a heart shape on greased paper the same size as your dessert and place it on a flat tray in the freezer for a few minutes.
3. Draw a heart shape on greased paper the same size as your dessert and place it on a flat tray in the freezer for a few minutes.
4. Sprinkle with chopped cashews
5. Place in freezer to set
6. Carefully peel heart shape off paper and position it on top of the ice-cream to resemble an opening lid.
7. Eat immediately or store in freezer
Recipe courtesy of Pamela Vinten from her "20 Super Healthy Favourite Desserts"eBook - one of 15 in her series "Super Healthy Meals" which can be found here.