Ice Cream Ingredients
1 cup cashews – soaked in water for 6 hours then drained
1 cup water
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup walnuts
1. Combine all ingredients except walnuts in blender and blend well till smooth. The more powerful your blender the smoother your ice cream will be.
2. It may be necessary to turn off the blender occasionally and scrape down the sides.
3. Pour ice cream into a cling wrapped 3 cup pudding bowl.
4. Chop walnuts and sprinkle on top of ice cream patting down gently.
1/2 cup raw tahini
1/2 cup maple syrup
2 tablespoons coconut oil – melted
1. To make the caramel sauce combine tahini, maple syrup and coconut oil. Mix well and pour half over walnuts and frozen ice cream.
2. Reserve remaining caramel to pour over ice cream to serve.
Chocolate sauce Ingredients
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup agave
1. Combine all ingredients. Store in fridge.
Fudge Base Ingredients
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup desiccated (fine) coconut
2 Tbsp cacao powder
1/2 cup pitted soaked dates
1. Process the almonds and coconut to a fine powder.
2. Add the remaining ingredients and process until it comes together.
3. Spread fudge over set caramel to form the base.
4. Freeze until base is firm.
5. Remove from freezer and let sit a few minutes so ice cream will turn out.
6. Turn out of bowl on to serving plate.
7. Pour over reserved caramel sauce. If the sauce has become firm sit the bowl over hot water until it becomes runny again.
8. Spoon over 1/4 cup of chocolate sauce.
9. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the freezer.
Recipe courtesy of Pamela Vinten from her "Christmas Raw Chocolate Treats"eBook - one of 15 in her series "Super Healthy Meals" which can be found here.