In this newsletter:
Article - What is Cacao Butter? by Michelle Ovens
Recipe - Chili Chocolate Nut Bar by Pamela Vinten
Permanent Price Drops
ARTICLEWhat is Cacao Butter?
By Michelle Ovens, Naturopath
Cacao butter, (also known as cocoa butter) is the natural cream coloured vegetable fat extracted from cacao beans during the process of separating the powder and liquor from the bean. 70% of the world's production of cacao butter is produced in the West African nations Nigeria, Ghana and Cote d'Ivoire. Cacao butter has a soft, sweet cacaoaroma, and is one of the most stable fats known.
The Ultimate Moisturiser: Eczema and Dermatitis Symptoms eradicated with CacaoButter?
Cacao butter has been called the ultimate moisturizer, and has been used to keep skin soft and supple for centuries. It is one of the most stable, highly concentrated natural fats known, and melts at body temperature so that it is readily absorbed into the skin.
Cacao butter is often recommended for treatment of skin conditions such as eczema and dermatitis. When applied topically, it creates a barrier between sensitive skin and the environment and also helps retain moisture.
In addition, cacao butter contains cacao mass polyphenol (CMP), a substance that inhibits the production of the immunoglobulin IgE. IgE is known to aggravate symptoms of both dermatitis and asthma.
Can using cacao Butter help the fight against cancer?
Recent research indicates that massaging the skin with cacao butter may help relieve stress, boost the immune system, and even prevent cancer. This is because cacao butter, like chocolate, contains a lot of CMP.
Researchers in Japan reported that CMP inhibits the growth of cancerous cells and tumours by reducing active oxygen levels in the body, and concluded that CMP inhibits the oxidation of LDL (good) cholesterol and the production of inflammatory cells; there is some evidence that the CMP in cacao butter may also help prevent heart disease and ease arthritic symptoms.
Preliminary research indicates that CMP actually helps suppress excessive T-cell activity in the immune system, which could help treat conditions associated with overactive immune systems, such as psoriasis, fibromylagia, and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Some Uses for Cacao Butter
- Add a spoonful to your bath water for a luxurious experience.
- Great for dry, itchy skin, or sore muscles.
- Try adding Lavender or Chamomile essential oil as well, or an herbal infusion made from soothing herbs.
- Use in massage for overexerted muscles
- Add to soaps for a conditioning effect that adds a good lather.
- Add it to your handmade soap recipes.
- Use during pregnancy to keep the skin supple, & to prevent stretch marks.
- It may also be used after giving birth to reduce stretch marks.
RECIPE - THAT DAD WILL LOVE!
Chili Chocolate Nut Bar
by Pamela Vinten
This is a delicious recipe that will knock Dad's socks off. The combination of chili and chocolate is an amazing flavour explosion.
- ½ cup hazelnuts
- ½ cup pecans
- ½ cup almonds
- ⅓ cup goji berries
- 1 teaspoon minced chili or ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil - melted
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ⅓ cup agave
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Process almonds until finely ground and place in a bowl
- Coarsely process pecans, cranberries and goji berries and add to bowl
- Leave hazelnuts whole and add to bowl
- Add minced chili or powder
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well by hand
- Taste test to get the desired level of chili bite
- Press into a cling wrap lined 15cm x 15cm (6in x 6in) container
- Refrigerate overnight
- Cut into squares and enjoy
Store in fridge in an airtight container
*Suitable to freeze
Pamela Vinten has just released her latest re-write of her raw, natural chocolate recipe eBooks. It is a brand new look incorporating 8 of her previous books into one purchase (2 books plus bonuses) so is great value. There are many new recipes as well as the original ones - over 80 in total. Check out her books atwww.amazingguiltfreechocolate.
There are many other bonuses as well. Pamela's delicious raw chocolate is gluten and dairy free, diabetes friendly, vegan and fat burning. Read her web site to find out why. Eat chocolate and take off weight!
PERMANENT PRICE DROPS
Zen Chi Bio Energiser